Find rewarding projects
Upwork is a great place to find more clients, and to run and grow your own business.
- Freedom to work on ideal projects. On Upwork, you run your own business and choose your own clients and projects. Just complete your profile and we’ll highlight ideal jobs. Also search projects, and respond to client invitations.
- Wide variety and high pay. Clients are now posting jobs in hundreds of skill categories, paying top price for great work.
- More and more success. The greater the success you have on projects, the more likely you are to get hired by clients that use Upwork.
- What projects can I find on Upwork?
Get hired quickly
Upwork makes it easy to connect with clients and begin doing great work.
- Streamlined hiring. Upwork’s sophisticated algorithms highlight projects you’re a great fit for.
- Top Rated and Rising Talent programs. Enjoy higher visibility with the added status of prestigious programs.
- Do substantial work with top clients. Upwork pricing encourages repeat relationships with clients.
Work efficiently, effectively.
With Upwork, you have the freedom and flexibility to control when, where, and how you work. Each project includes an online workspace shared by you and your client, allowing you to:
- Send and receive files. Deliver digital assets in a secure environment.
- Share feedback in real time. Use Upwork Messages to communicate via text, chat, or video.
- Use our mobile app. Many features can be accessed on your mobile phone when on the go.
- How does Upwork’s platform help me manage my work?
Get paid on time
All projects include Upwork Payment Protection — helping ensure that you get paid for all work successfully completed through Upwork.
- All invoices and payments happen through Upwork. Count on a simple and streamlined process.
- Hourly and fixed-price projects. For hourly work, submit timesheets through Upwork. For fixed-price projects, set milestones and funds are released via Upwork escrow features.
- Multiple payment options. Choose a payment method that works best for you, from direct deposit or PayPal to wire transfer and more.
Upwork charges freelancers and agencies a sliding fee based on the lifetime billings with a specific client. In other words, the more business you do with a client, the more you earn.
Specifically, Upwork charges a fee of:
- 20% for the first $500 billed with the client
- 10% for lifetime billings with the client between $500.01 and $10,000
- 5% for lifetime billings with the client that exceed $10,000
When you bill $500 or $10,000 to a client, you’ll automatically pay a lower fee on each subsequent project with that client. And see an increase in take-home earnings. See www.upwork.com/legal#fees for all the details.
Additionally, Upwork charges $0.15 per Connect. Typical monthly freelancer costs for Connects are $5. Connects are what you use to submit a proposal for jobs posted in our marketplace. Depending on the job post, you will use between one and six Connects to submit a proposal.